This is a cross-curricular packet for use in your classroom including science, writing, grammar, and reading activities are included. Ideas for extension activities are included as well. This packet is appropriate for use in K-2nd grade.
* Apple prediction chart~ For use after reading about apples. Predictions will be made about how students’ believe the different apples/applesauces will taste. We will go back and find evidence from our reading and research to support our predictions.
* Apple / applesauce interactive notebook activity~ a cut and paste activity to place in a reading or science interactive notebook. Students will taste apples (or applesauces) and record their observations about taste/preference in their notebook.
* Word wall word cards~ These are a supplement to be used in centers, on your word wall, or even on a monthly word wall. The possibilities are endless!
* Apple life cycle activity~ This cut and paste can be used in an interactive notebook or pasted onto construction paper. Students paste the life cycle in the correct order.
* Apple writing prompt~ There are two writing papers included. One with a prompt and one without.
* Apple word web~ This can be used in science, writing, or grammar to brainstorm about apples. Use your senses to make observations, practice using adjectives by using describing words, or brainstorm ideas for an apple story.
* Apples can/have/are~ This graphic organizer promotes critical thinking skills as students brainstorm ideas for each section.
*Apple labeling ~This is an activity that can be used for science or ELA for labeling parts of an apple.
*Apple alphabetical order~ This makes a good center activity for practicing alphabetical order.
*Venn diagram ~ This can be used in a variety of ways. We left it blank to allow you more versatility.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know! We will do our best to remedy any problem or concern. We want happy customers! Also, please PLEASE leave feedback! We hope you enjoy this packet and have a GREAT fall!