Apples are the perfect theme for autumn and Back to School! This packet is filled with ideas for math, phonics, writing, poetry, and art. Plenty of fun activities to keep your students busy as they review old skills and learn new things!
- Apple Tree poem and craftivity – use thumb prints in red or green paint to make apples on the tree
- Make-a-word word building activity (mystery word “apples”), with letter cards for word building in pocket chart
- Addition Bump game board (add 3 dice and game pieces to cover the spaces for an instant math center!)
- Pick a Pattern math worksheet
- Five Little Apples poem – students fill in the name of a friend on each blank line. Also great for reviewing subtracting one.
- Short a review worksheet
- Pre-writing sheet – make a list of foods made with apples, and then use the word web to describe a favorite
- Apple themed writing paper. Can be used with pre-writing sheet or on its own