Are you looking for a great resource to celebrate Apples and Johnny Appleseed?
This is the Apple Mini Unit
that you have been looking for to enrich or add to any and all other apple activities you have used or will use!
It includes many First grade Common Core Standards and loads of fun for everyone!
This mini-unit integrates, Math, Writing, Social Studies and Reading to learn about apples.
What’s Included in this packet:
1. Color by sums Johnny Appleseed Picture.
2. I Like Apples Graph and tasting data page.
3. Apple foods Graph and tasting data page
4. Learning about apples can, have and are, table to use after reading a nonfiction
apple story of choice.
5. Apple Fact and Opinion Sheet with facts and Opinions written on apples to sort.
6. I like apples paper bag poem idea and frame.
7. BME frame for a reading response after reading a Johnny Appleseed story of
8. A Johnny Appleseed Math Story.
9. Apple tree idea to display apple facts.
10. Seasons of an apple tree craft project with writing idea for the seasons.
11. All instructions for all activities are detailed and written in this packet.
12. Johnny Appleseed paper bag puppet tracers to use to make the puppet to display one of the activities of choice.
For the apple for the puppet you can use one of the apples included or have the children trace or use a die cut apple shape.
The arms for the puppet are simply brown strips of paper.
for purchasing, downloading, browsing, following and inspiring! I hope this brings a bit of sunshine your way! If you find anything in this packet that needs to be reworked or might work better for your students, please let me know and I will be happy to rework any activity/packet that you have purchased to fit your needs.
Blog: Joys Sunshine and Lollipops
FB: Sunshine and LollipopsIG: Joy's Sunshine and LollipopsPinterest: Sunshine and Lollipops
I appreciate feedback
It helps me decide which products are most helpful and valuable for your students. I Love to create so if there is anything that you might need or want to make your job easier, just let me know!
To Earn Credit for Future Purchases,
Go to My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback Link
. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the resource. Each time you give feedback, you receive feedback credits that you can use to lower the cost of your future purchases
Become a Follower
If you would like to be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches, click the GREEN STAR
next to my shop logo on my main page and you will become a follower. This “easy peasy” action will now send you email updates about this store. If you have any questions, be sure to contact me!