Also included in
- Are you looking for a way to use real children's literature to teach your students guided reading strategies in whole group? This bundle will provide a weekly focus theme and reading comprehension strategy for your whole group guided reading. It is designed for a first grade classroom but can be adPrice $450.00Original Price $608.00Save $158.00
- This bundle includes the four units I use to teach guided reading and comprehension strategies in September. The first unit is Me and my Family with a focus on making text to self connections. The second unit is community helpers with a focus on making connections to the world. The third week is farPrice $35.00Original Price $50.00Save $15.00
This unit was created for one week of whole group guided reading to work on comprehension strategies with your children. During this week your students will enjoy hearing both fiction and nonfiction stories. They will learn to determine the difference between both text types. Students will also practice characters, setting, retelling, and text connections. This bundle will provide a weekly focus theme and reading comprehension strategy for your whole group guided reading. It is designed for a first grade classroom but can be adapted either up or down. Each week will include daily lesson plans, posters, parent connect letter,original strategy songs, comprehension strategies,literacy connections, extension activities, sort activities, and crafts. A digital book is also included that can be opened as a pdf file or PowerPoint. This book discusses the apple lifecycle with real photos. It is all you will need and more to introduce, cover, and teach this concept of Apples.
The literature used in this unit is:
• Apples by Gibbons
• How Do Apples Grow by Maestro
• Johnny Appleseed (use any book)
• Bad Apple A Tale of Friendship by Hemingway
• Apple Lifecycle paper or digital version included by me
• Ten Apples up on Top!
• The Giving Tree
If you like this, you may enjoy some of my other apple products!
- Apple Week Guided Reading
- Apple Solve the Mystery
- Apple Addition & Subtraction Movement Break
- Caramel Apple Craft & Glyph
- Apple CVC Games Real and Nonsense
- Apple Pie in a Cup
- Bad Apple Literature Activities
- Apple Orchard Dramatic Play
- Digital Apple Math
- Digital Escape Room Google Forms
- Apple Science Freebie
There are also blank templates so you can incorporate any book with the literacy connections, a song to sing, and a parent connect letter.
This is part of a weekly series of units covering different reading strategies throughout the year. Guided Reading with a Purpose MEGA BUNDLE.
Some other fun ways to connect....
©GUIDED READING WITH A PURPOSE