Work on a variety of yes/no, who, what, and where questions with this original story and language companion. A little girl has some apples to share. But who will she give them too? Find out as a horse, a snake, a crab, a bear and other animals ask for an apple.
Students also enjoy acting out the story. I have used this activity with individuals, small groups, and large groups.
Included in this unit:
1. Apples Story
3. Apples Mat (2 mats with all the characters in the story)
4. Yes/No visuals
5. Answering yes/no questions (includes sentence strips)
6. Answering who questions (includes sentence strips)
7. Answering what questions (includes sentence strips)
8. Answering where (includes sentence strips)
9. "Where do the Animals Live?" book. This book models asking and answering where questions.
11. Yes/no sort
12. Animal categorization
13. Boy/girl sort
To prep the story, print double sided and laminate (for extra durability), then have it bound.
For the yes/no visuals, I print enough for each student then laminate them and glue a “yes” to one popsicle stick and a “no” to another. I give each child a “yes” and a “no” stick. When the children guess if an animal will get an apple they hold up one of their sticks.
For the answering questions activities, print and laminate for extra durability.
Thanks for viewing this activity! I hope you and your students enjoy playing it. Please feel free to send me any comments or feedback you may have.