When my children were little, we delighted in special mommy planned days. These were themed days of art, cooking, science and play that gave me lots of quality time with my little ones as well as time to myself. Years later, my now teens, still mention favorite activities or request meals from those special days!
A day with a plan and loose schedule allows children time to explore and create while giving them the comfort of a routine. A day with a theme, organizes new information and concepts in a variety of ways giving all learners an opportunity to grow and incorporate their new skills.
Now I’m sharing with you. With this book, you hold in your hands a day (or more) of themed learning and play for your household. Use during school breaks. Incorporate it into your home school program. Try it during the summer. Pass to a grandparent or a caregiver to make their time with your child as special as yours! Therapists can use it as a guide for parent education.
This book contains apple themed ideas for:
• Art projects (including one open ended project, three directed projects and one option especially for parents)
• Related science experiments
• A sensory box or activity
• Music and rhymes
• A movement activity/game
• A family game (including a printable)
• Book suggestions (for children and adults)
• Video/media suggestions (for children and adults)
• Field trip ideas
• Recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and drinks
• Place card printable
• Sticker sheet of twelve (12) different stickers (print on full-size sticker paper)
Coming soon: Fire Trucks and Monkeys! If you want to receive notifications when new titles appear (or to make topic suggestions), click the link below:
Kindreds for Home Adventures: Updates