Expose early math students to algebra so that they have NO FEAR of it in middle and high school!
This printable game will help introduce young students to the look and feel of algebra while practicing basic multiplication and division facts to 12.
Each player starts with 2 "draw cards" having a simple algebra problem on the front, plus 4 "apple cards" each showing a number that may be a possible solution to the problems. On each turn, players may draw one card and trade in another card, trying to collect complete "sets" of problems and their correct solutions. The winner has the most sets after all draw cards have been taken, or this game may be played alone as a learning center.
* Also includes an introduction to algebra mini lesson page, to help children easily grasp these new concepts.
- Playing board with spaces to place card piles
- 60 draw cards with an algebra problem on each
- 80 numbered apple cards
- BONUS algebra mini lesson page
- Full instructions
- Ideas for extension activities
- Printing & storage tips