This resource was made to accompany the witty and tall tale story, Apples to Oregon. In this story, a girl named Delicious, travels with her Daddy and family across the U.S. to plant some sweet apples in Oregon soil. Your students will love designing a new book cover, graphing their favorite apple, and writing their own adventures for Delicious and her family.
In this resource you'll find:
- Activity Descriptions Page
- Story Map and 2 story summary options
- Character Traits Handout
- Making Connections Handout
- Comprehension Questions
- Rate This Book Cards
- 8 Vocabulary Cards
- Two writing templates (one w/ and one w/o illustration space)
- Design a Cover Activity
- "Fix the Dialogue" Task Card Activity
- Graph Your Favorite Apple (3 options)
- Bulletin Board Letter Template
Don't forget to leave your kind and thoughtful feedback on TPT for credits.