This activity includes:
• Applesauce recipe
• Transition words and phrases cards
• Sequence of events worksheet (using applesauce-making experience and recipe)
• Planning Pages - multiple versions so that you can differentiate for all learners in your class
• Sequence of events paragraph directions and paper
• Sequence of events paragraph rubric
I have used this activity in my classroom each year. The students get to experience a real-life activity. They always enjoy making the applesauce (and eating it!)! They use their experience and recipe to then complete a sequence of events worksheet.
I have also used the events on the sequencing worksheet to create a poster (taking photos at each step)....just write the steps on index cards and glue to the poster!
After the students have made the applesauce, they can write a paragraph that describes the steps they had to take in order to make it. This can lead to a great discussion about transition/signal words.
Thank you for visiting my store! Please let me know what you think! :)