Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
2.22 MB | 29 pages
This lesson helps students understand Applications about Circumference.
1. Students will complete the Bellringer.
2. Students will work in groups of 2 on the activity.
3. The Presentation will be used to engage the activity, look for misconceptions and encourage discussion.
4. Students will complete the Exit Slip before leaving for the day.
5. Use the Practice as individual practice or homework.
• Editable lesson plan
• Bellringer/opening problem set or question
• Activity to drive engagement
• PowerPoint Presentation that includes the activity and the lesson
• Practice Page for in class work or homework
• Exit Slip for quick and easy formative assessment
• Answer Keys for every resource
• Aligned to Common Core
Give an informal argument for the formulas for the circumference of a circle, area of a circle, volume of a cylinder, pyramid, and cone. Use dissection arguments, Cavalieri's principle, and informal limit arguments.
I Can Statement:
I can discuss the applications of circumference.
The lesson plan and every resource, the bellringer, activity, presentation, practice page, and exit slip is given in an editable form (Word or PPT) as well as PDF format for easy viewing and printing.
This lesson plan consists of 10+ pages including the answer keys. The PowerPoint presentation is not included in this count.