This lesson is part of my Quadratic Functions Unit
This lesson includes 5 pages of guided notes and a 2 page assignment.
Students learn about real-world applications of quadratic functions in the order below. They will:
- Learn what projectile motion is
- Answer questions graphically and algebraically for 3 different projectile motion functions, then practice many more algebraically
- Learn how to answer common questions involving projectile motion (initial height, maximum height, time it took to reach maximum height, time it took to land, etc.)
- Learn what an appropriate domain is when working with real-world problems
- Learn about profit functions and answer similar questions (initial, max, etc.)
- Explore a cost function that opens up
Answer key is included!
Quadratic Functions: Standard Form
Quadratic Functions: Finding Intercepts
Solving Quadratics by Graphing
Characteristics of Quadratic Functions (Graphic Organizer)
Solving Quadratic Equations (Graphic Organizer)