Perfect memory keepsake for student teachers, practicum students, volunteers or moving students! A personal goodbye book that they will treasure for years and years! No prep, just print and go! The "magic" is in the kid's words and pictures! Now with a birthday book option!
My classroom is a revolving door of volunteers, practicum students, and even students moving in and out. An important character trait I emphasize with my students is gratitude, and some of my most treasured possessions from my college days are the books made for me by my practicum and student teaching sites. However, now that I am a teacher my practicum student's time with me comes and goes so quickly I often feel rushed to make them a goodbye gift. Enter my "Appreciation Books!" book to the rescue!
Additionally, I have added my Birthday Book that every student in my class receives for their birthday. Students get to give anything in the world they want to their classmates for their birthday and their gifts get quite clever and cute. The birthday kid of honor gets to sit as my students come up one by one to present their special gift. I love it.
In this product, you will find:
- Five colored cover options, "Thank You!", "We'll Miss You!" and three variations of "Happy Birthday!"
- Four black and white cover options, "Thank You!", "We'll Miss You!" and "Happy Birthday!"
- Five prompted book pages including:
- "If I could give you anything for your birthday, I would give you (blank) because..."
-"I'll miss you because....If I could give you an advice it would be..." (same page)
- "Thank you for...."
- "Thank you for teaching me...."
- "My favorite memory of us is... I will miss...." (same page)
- One blank page
- Three "types" of books, (half page, full page, or reduced prompts/enlarged line size for students whose writing is still large) *all prompts the same on all four books*
All pages have a place for the students to add a drawing, which is always the perfect touch. I love my student's drawings. There is something so enduring about them. We recently used this format to create a book for a student who was unexpectedly moving away and she just loved the book. She couldn't stop thanking her classmates and pouring over her book.
I used many wonderful resources in the creating of this product, from these fellow TPT sellers:
Graphics from the Pond:
I'm Lovin' Lit:
by My SpEd Life Jordan Nichols
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License