Also included in
- Apraxia Keep Talking Bundle CVCV & CVCVCV targets include all three of our Keep Talking expanding utterances products. Apraxia Keep Talking was created to help with building utterances (MLU) and as a general speech therapy activity. This is just the tool you need for working with individuals wit$9.00$12.50Save $3.50
Apraxia CVCV and CVCVCV targets Keep Talking 1 was created to help with building utterances (MLU) for individuals with apraxia, articulation disorders, and expressive language disorders. This apraxia CVCV and CVCVCV and articulation speech therapy activity combine a subject, verb, article/preposition, and object to create phrases and sentences. Activity for expanding utterances and building utterances for apraxia. You can start with “bunny”, “a bunny”, “see a bunny”, “I see a bunny”, and then to “The girls saw the bunny”.
As an SLP who specializes in Childhood Apraxia of Speech, I designed this for my clients and students that were building from single-word to multi-word utterances. I found that many of my students and clients who had expressive language delays due to articulation, phonological, or apraxia also struggled with grammatical endings. Thus Keep Talking was developed!
This activity INCLUDES:
- A variety of words to build utterances.
- 8 verbs in present, present progressive, past, and future tenses
- There is a set of 3 articles and 12 alternative words (prepositions and some prepositions with articles).
- Comes with 48 cvcv words
- 40 multisyllabic words (CVCVCV and CVCVCVCV)
- The parts of speech are color-coded (modified Fitzgerald key) for additional cueing.
- Also included are blank color-coded cards so that you can make your own words. I use this system with the created object cards as well as mass-produced articulation card sets. There are full color and find and color activities to add some fun.
Expanding the length of utterance: You can start with “bunny”, “a bunny”, “see a bunny”, “I see a bunny”, and then to “The girls saw the bunny”.
To put together:
Cut the subject, verb, article/preposition, and blend cards. Laminate the cards for more stability. Combine the parts of speech and bind them with a circle clip or binder. I like to use circle clips so I can change out the card sets. See www.agiftofspeech.com for examples of how to use this product and pictures of the finished product.
Also included in the product are "find it pages" that can be used as a prompt for the utterances. There are black and white and full-color pages.
▶️ Related Products ▶️
Created by: Shannon Archer, M.S, CCC-SLP
A school-based and private practice SLP (wearing many hats like you) who creates activities to give you A Gift of Speech through FUNctional, research-based, and time-saving speech and language activities!
⭐ FREE Activities from A Gift of Speech ⭐
❤️ TALK BACK with A Gift of Speech ❤️
✅Follow A Gift of Speech on TPT for more therapy activities.
✍Check out our blog for FUNctional therapy ideas