Repetition and drills are part of the core components of therapy for children with Childhood Apraxia of Speech… so why not make it more stimulating? This MEGA 406 set of pacing boards can be used in SO MANY different ways with the ultimate goal of drilling sounds in different syllable structures.
Even your students with speech sound disorders would benefit from drilling using short, achievable and easy to say sounds!
With 5 drills per word and 6 words per page, there are 30 repetitions available - but I know you, flexible SLP, you’ll increase productions by running through twice, rolling a dice, requiring multiple repetitions for each individual picture or doing the same drills interspersed between activities! And as these boards are grouped by CV-VC-CVC-CVCV it is just SO EASY to increase and probe the complexity of their syllable structures and understand their restraints.
Activity ideas include:
laminating two boards back-to-front and doing a quick 10 set of drills, play dough smash mats, using whiteboard markers, getting out those dabbers and dabbing each sound, using fine motor materials such as pompoms, beads, blocks and Lego to put on each page, magnetic counters…. So many ideas! Plus you can always upload to your iPad or laminate and leave as a whole page set of pacing boards!
* 136 pages altogether
* ALL sounds are targeted in CV, VC, CVC and CVCV positions
* 5 repeated images per pacing board, 6 different words per page
* Total of 406 INDIVIDUAL color and 406 black and white pacing boards
* CV/VC boards include: b, p, m, n, d, h, t, k, g, f, sh, l, r and s
* CVC boards include: b, p, m, n, h, y, w, k, g, f, t, d, r, l, s, z, sh, v, ch, j and th (please note that there are typically 2 pages/10 words for each of the CVC positions)
* CVCV boards include: b, p, m, n, y, h, k, t, d, f, r, l, s, j and v
* Black line images for easy print-and-go drills, craft and homework
* Color set provided for engaging pacing boards
Grab this resource now and start getting those drills in. If you’re looking for another drill-friendly resource that is aimed at crafters with an even more extensive word list, then grab my Mini Apraxia Picture Cards for Crafts & Drilling
Rebecca Reinking - Adventures in Speech Pathology
☀ Follow Me ☀ Visit my Blog
see me on Pinterest