These Daily Review PowerPoints are one of my FAVORITE teaching tools in my classroom!! As a part of my circle time/morning meeting/calendar time, I can quickly review important knowledge and skills every morning. This part of my daily routine takes between 5 and 10 minutes, and my kiddos are actively engaged in this important practice. I can even leave these presentations with a substitute teacher (and believe me, if I don't, my kiddos always remind me!!)
This set includes 5 different PowerPoint presentations to use in the month of April (one for each day of the week!!) Every Monday in April, I use the Monday presentation; on Tuesdays, I use the Tuesday presentation, and so on... this gives students the daily practice, without the activity becoming stale.
For the month of April, the following skills are included:
* Naming 3-d shapes (cone, cube, sphere, pyramid, cylinder, and rectangular prism)
* Naming uppercase and lowercase letters fluently (2 slides with 5 or 6 uppercase letters; 2 slides with 5 or 6 lowercase letters)
* Listening for blends (l-blends, r-blends, and s-blends) at the beginning of words
* Reading cvce words (words with silent e)
* Using a known word family word (picture support provided) to read a new word (long vowel word families and other varient vowels, such as oo) (If I can read... then I can read)
* Reading sight words (ate must new now under good please eat down from)
* Subtraction (up to 10) with pictures
* Subtraction fluency (up to 5)
* Making ten (with picture support); only 3 slides per day, because this is a skill included in the March set
* Completing number bonds (up to sums of 5)
Because different schools teach letters and sight words in a different order, I have also included a separate presentation with all letters of the alphabet (both in a regular font and in a picture-filled clip art) and a blank slide for sight words. This will allow you add letters and change the sight words to fit your curriculum, if needed.
Also, if your students have mastered a certain skill, you can simply delete those slides... if your students are ready for new concepts, you can copy those slides from future months and include them in your presentations for this month. Lots of flexibility with these!!
**Other months are coming soon!! Please follow my store to receive notifications of future months**
If you would like these sets for other months, please click on the month below.
I hope you enjoy using the PowerPoints in your classroom; if you have any questions, please let me know!!
Thanks for looking and happy teaching!