Includes 23 pages of daily math and language arts morning work or homework review activities for first graders, in a simple format that encourages independent work.
This product includes two versions to meet your needs:
Number of the Day up to 100 (base ten rods and units; place value chart with tens and ones).
Number of the Day up to 159 (base ten flat, rods, and units; place value chart with hundreds, tens, and ones).
Included on all pages:
- Student name
- Calendar (Write the month, day, year, and identify the day of the week)
- Number of the Day (Write numeral, write digit in hundreds, tens, and ones places, color base ten blocks to represent)
- Math Facts (missing addend or subtraction, within 10)
- Sentence Activity (Write or edit a sentence)
Each page also includes some additional activities, including:
- Part-Part-Whole Math: Make 7
- Find the missing “part” (addend) in a math fact, within a number bond.
- Write the related facts (fact family)
- Story Problems (compare)
- Skip Counting/Number Pattern (by 2’s and 5’s)
- Write short and long a words (CVC and CVCe)
- Part-Part-Whole Math: Make 8
- Story Problems (change unknown)
- Time (write time shown on analog clock)
- Write short and long o words (CVC and CVCe)
- Part-Part-Whole Math: Make 9
- Story Problems (part-part-whole)
- Time (write time shown on analog clock; draw hands on analog clock to show a time)
- Write short and long i words (CVC and CVCe)
- Part-Part-Whole Math: Make 10
- Story Problems (start unknown)
- Time (draw hands on analog clock to show a time)
- Write short and long u words (CVC and CVCe)
3 additional pages:
- Mixed subtraction facts
- Reading comprehension passage (read and write to identify problem, solution, or make inference)
Once students learn the activities, they can complete them independently in about 5-10 minutes each day. Morning work can be checked whole-group in less than 5 minutes. Number of the day is provided by the teacher (I use the number of days of school and write it on the board), or it can be differentiated. These activities could also be used as homework.
Other months of First Grade Morning Work:
ALL YEAR Bundle
- Get every month at a discount in this progressive bundle!
Back To School/September First Grade Morning Work
October First Grade Morning Work
November First Grade Morning Work
December First Grade Morning Work
January First Grade Morning Work
February First Grade Morning Work
March First Grade Morning Work
April First Grade Morning Work
May First Grade Morning Work
June First Grade Morning Work