Want to take your Fix-It Sentences above and beyond? Then this is the product for you! I have created fix-it sentences that focus on phonics skills and sight words weekly to make reading them manageable so student can focus on correcting the sentence. I have also included a PowerPoint that shows the uncorrected sentence, the corrections, and then corrected sentence so planning and instructing is a piece of cake! So that you may use this product at any point in the year, I have included a version with April titles and Unit 9 titles!
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW TO SEE EXACTLY WHAT IS INCLUDED!!
How This Unit Is Different and Better Than Anything Like It
I have always felt like other Fix-It Sentences were lacking. I wanted to take them a little bit further. To accomplish that I had the sentences line up with each week of Saxon Phonics instruction. (You by no means need to teach Saxon Phonics to use this unit. I have just used their sequence of sight words and phonics skills to create the sentences.) Each week has a phonics focus and sight word focus to help students read and so students can focus on correcting the sentence. Each week ends with a section for students to practice their skills. They are required to write a sentence for a picture I have provided. This helps relate fix-it sentences to the real world and make it more meaningful. I have included a checklist for students as they correct, so they know their expectations, and for you to use to grade! I also included a PowerPoint version of the fix-it sentences. For each day, there is a slide with the uncorrected sentence. On the next slide there is an animation that will show the correcting marks one by one. Then, there is a slide showing the corrected sentence.
- 4 Weeks of fix-it sentences
- 3 Different styles of fix-it sentences
- A PowerPoint of all of the fix-it sentences that show the uncorrected sentence, illustrate the corrections, and show the answer
- Poster describing what to capitalize
- Poster showing how to make capitalization correction marks
- Poster showing how to correct a sentence that needs a capital letter
- Poster listing ending marks
- Poster showing how to make ending mark correction marks
- Poster showing how to correct a sentence that needs an ending mark
***Each page/slide has an April title and Unit 9 title***
This unit is meant to introduce Fix-It sentences to students and to review skills they have most likely been taught in a previous grade. It focuses on the basics of sentence structure:
- Capital letters at the beginning sentences
- Periods, question marks, at the end of sentences
- Apostrophes (contractions and possessive nouns)
- Spelling words correctly
- Proper handwriting and letter formation
- Using finger spaces to properly space words.
Phonics Skills and Sight Words Used In Creating the Sentences
Week 1: ey, i.e., ew, igh, listen, surprise, building, light
Week 2: qu, er, ir, ur, different, question, straight, space
Week 3: are, or, s says 'z', a as in wallet, Mr., Mrs., Ms., remember
Week 4: floss rule, soft c, vowel y part 1 and 2, place, sound, follow, whom
FIND THE BUNDLE HERE AND SAVE!