Use the following items in your class for April Fool's Day.
1. April Fools’ Day Activities
Have your students complete these 9 activities on April Fools' Day.
1. April Fools' Day Alphabetical Order- Students will put 10 words in alphabetical order.
2. April Fools' Day Dictionary Hunt- Students will hunt for 5 April Fools' words in the dictionary, recording the page number and definition.
3. April Fools' Day Word Challenge- Students will write down as many words as they can related to April Fools' Day.
4. April Fools' Day Acrostic Poem- Students will write an acrostic poem with the letters in APRIL FOOLS.
5. April Fools' Day Haikus- Students will write 2 April Fools' haikus.
6. April Fools' Day Making Words- Students will write as many words as they can related to April Fools' Day.
7. 3 Facts and 2 Jokes- Students will write 3 facts and 2 jokes about themselves. They will then switch with a partner and try to figure out which 3 are real and which 2 are jokes.
8. My April Fools' Headline- Students will write their own April Fools' headline and story.
9. April Fools' Day Crossword- Students will find 10 April Fools' words.
10. April Fools' Day Crossword Key
2. April Fools’ Writing
Use these pages with your class for some April Fools' Day writing fun.
You can use them page by page or make a booklet for each of your students. If you choose to make a booklet there is a cover page included.
6 Writing Pages- 2 Versions:
Version 1 has a full page of lines and Version 2 has a box to draw an illustration with a half page of lines.
Each page has a title in which the students can write in response to.
3. April Fools’ Day Bookmarks
Have your students color and cut these bookmarks for April Fools'. They can give them away or use them for themselves.
1 Page- 4 Bookmarks
4. April Fools’ Day Craft- Brown Es
Have your students complete this craft for April Fools' Day. They will cut out the Es and glue them on a plate to make an April Fools' treat.
1. Color Example page
2. Black and White Example page
2. Page with border and plate
3. Page with 6 Es and words
1. Color the border and plate.
2. Color the words and Es brown.
2. Cut out the Es and words.
3. Glue the Es on the plate and words on the page.
5. April Fools’ Day Sign
Hang this sign on your door or classroom wall for April Fools' Day.
You might also like:
April Fools’ Class Book
April Fools’ Day Craft- Donut SeedsApril Fools’ Day Coloring PagesApril Fools’ Day Banner