April Fools' Day Non-Fiction Article
6th - 8th
- Google Apps™
Includes Google Apps™
The Teacher-Author indicated this resource includes assets from Google Workspace (e.g. docs, slides, etc.).
What educators are saying
Great article to use especially for older students who aren't as interested in the April Fool's Day celebration.
Love these readings! The students really enjoyed learning about the history of April Fools' Day and how the traditions came about.
Also included in
- Article of the Week Non-Fiction Articles Holidays PDF and Digital Formats: This resource contains 13 non-fiction articles and post-reading activities to assist with reading comprehension, standardized test prep (EQAO) and cross-curricular learning. This resource contains individual PDFs of student pPrice $34.99Original Price $44.00Save $9.01
- Article of the Week Full Year Mega Bundle | PDF and Digital: This resource contains 44 high-interest non-fiction articles and 41 non-fiction-aligned graphic organizers. Each article contains 3 post-reading activities to assist with reading comprehension and standardized test prep. This resource contPrice $115.00Original Price $144.00Save $29.00
This April Fools' Day Non-Fiction Article contains 1 non-fiction article and 3 post reading activities to assist with reading comprehension, standardized test prep, and cross-curricular learning.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom as well as Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 schools.
- Teacher lesson plan
- Pre-reading K-W-L chart
- Non-fiction article (modified and regular texts)
- MP3 audio files of the articles
- 3 Post-reading activities: comprehension questions, grammar questions (2 options: paper and self-grading Google Forms), long answer writing response
- Individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom
- Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 school
Use this article with my Article of the Week Differentiated Lessons program.
- “Thanks for a great resource!”
- “Love these readings! The students really enjoyed learning about the history of April Fools' Day and how the traditions came about.”
- “Thank you! My students greatly enjoyed and benefited from this resource.”
- “Great article to use especially for older students who aren't as interested in the April Fool's Day celebration.”
Included with rubric
Report this resource to TPT
Reported resources will be reviewed by our team. Report this resource to let us know if this resource violates TPT’s content guidelines.
to see state-specific standards (only available in the US).
Determine a central idea of a text and how it is conveyed through particular details; provide a summary of the text distinct from personal opinions or judgments.
Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative, connotative, and technical meanings.
Analyze how a particular sentence, paragraph, chapter, or section fits into the overall structure of a text and contributes to the development of the ideas.
Cite several pieces of textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text.
Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative, connotative, and technical meanings; analyze the impact of a specific word choice on meaning and tone.