Were you fooled into Snipe Hunting as a kid? It was a childhood right of passage to be tricked into running around the forest or field with your pillowcase making weird noises (to the delight of everyone else) in an attempt to catch that notorious “snipe”.
The following STEM Challenge and accompanying activities are a play on snipe hunting to help you pull off an epic April Fool’s Day prank! This challenge is based on the mythical Lirpa Loof (April Fool spelled backward).
This unit includes the following activities:
• Carnation Investigation
• Lirpa Loof droppings directions
• Construct a trap for a Lirpa Loof STEM Challenge
• Mimic game
• How to catch a Lirpa Loof writing craftivity
Check out all of my STEM/STEAM/STREAM resources here!
• I strongly encourage you to review the free preview before purchasing to ensure your own satisfaction. There are screen shots of virtually all activities so that you know what you are purchasing.
• The STEM challenge can be used in K-4 although you may want to find ways to supplement it with the upper grades, digging deeper into some of the science behind each concept!