It's National Poetry Month! This primary poetry pack will take you through April with 4 original poems and daily extension activities. The extension activities are also great for your poetry center. My poems are always simple, rhythmic, and fun for students. This month I have included DAILY SHARED READING PLANS for Kindergarten and 1st grade that are Common Core Aligned. I have included the plans in the preview file if you would like to check them out. You will see how easy it is to fit in a little poetry every day!
For an entire year of poetry, check out my ULTIMATE Poetry Pack!
Link-The ULTIMATE Poetry Pack
In this pack, you will receive:
• Daily Shared Reading Plans for Kindergarten and 1st grade.
• 4 Original Poems (color & b/w)
-April Fools’ Day
-My Little Brown Bunny
• 4 Sequence the Poem Cut/Paste printables
• 4 Illustrate the poem printables
• 4 Poem searches
• 4 Writing Prompt Response Pages
• 4 Reading Skills Worksheets
- Easter Egg Endings – ending sounds
- Raining Rhymes – rhyming words and ABC order
- Recycling Nouns – sorting nouns – cut/paste
- Digraphs for Daisies – sh, ch, th, wh – cut/paste
• 3 8-page Emergent Readers
-Earth Day Everyday
(2 books can be made from each 8 page document. Copy the pages back-to-back, set the copier to collate, then all you have to do is slice and staple for 2 books!)
I know you will find this poetry unit easy and fun to implement in your classroom. Enjoy!
*Download my freebie for another Earth Day Poem and mini pack! FREEBIE Earth Day Mini Pack
Clip Art from:
Chocolate Bunny Clip art from
Backgrounds and Borders
TpT seller Lovin Lit http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Lovin-Lit
Mixed-Up Doodle Border by Jennifer Jones @