- INCLUDES TpT Digital Version for Distance Learning with Google Classroom!Integrate STEAM in your classroom and teach students about recycling!Learn about recycling, reducing, and reusing! Students design and build their very own Upcycled Plastic Bag Bracelet! After making their bracelets, students u
- Includes both PDF and TpT Digital Activities for Google Classroom remote learning and in-person STEM lessons.Integrate STEM in your classroom and promote conservation and peace in your school with Wangari's Trees of Peace Read Aloud STEM Challenge!Students learn about Wangari and the Green Belt Move
- Includes TpT Digital Activities Version for Google Classroom Distance Learning!Integrate Real-World STEM in your classroom and engage kids in a real world problem. Learn about Water Filtration with this Earth Day STEM Activity! Students learn about the water crisis and water pollution affecting near
- Includes PDF and TpT Digital Versions for Google Classroom Online Learning and in-person instruction.Integrate STEM in your classroom and teach about Solar Energy with this super fun Solar Oven STEM Challenge!In the Build a Solar Oven STEM Activity, students learn about solar energy and use their kn
- Includes TpT Digital Tool Version for Google Classroom Distance Learning!Integrate STEM and Literacy in your classroom all year! Everything you need to be the Master STEM Teacher at your school! Awaken imagination and creativity all year. Students learn coding, engineering, explore real world proble$161.50$80.00Save $81.50
- Bundle Description
Includes TpT Digital Activities for Google Classroom remote learning.
Integrate Real-World STEM in your classroom during April with Earth Day Read Aloud STEM Challenges!
Teach students about the importance of taking care of the environment, recycling, and more! Upcycle a Plastic Bag, Engineer a Solar Oven, Create a Tree of Peace, and Explore Water Filtration.
Includes 4 STEM/STEAM Projects to go along with the following Read Aloud Books:
- One Plastic Bag by Miranda Paul
- The Water Princess by Susan Verde*
- Wangari's Trees of Peace by Jeanette Winter
- Iqbal and His Ingenious Idea: How a Science Project Helps One Family and the Planet by Liz Suneby.
These April Earth Day STEM Activities are more than craftivities. Each STEM Challenge takes students through a process where they develop critical thinking and engineering skills. Students plan, design, and execute their own ideas. After they have completed their activity, there is time for reflection on what worked and what didn't.
Amazing resource for STEM club, STEM Teachers, parents who love hands-on learning, and elementary teachers who want to create a hands-on educational environment in their classroom!
Each Activity Includes:
- Teacher Instructions
- Student Instructions
- STEM Journal
- Student Planning and Reflection Pages
- Writing Activity
- NGSS Standards
- Common Core Standards
- TpT Digital Version for Distance Learning with Google Classroom
To use the TpT Digital Tool for Distance Learning, select "Create Digital Activity" on each individual product listing. Works with computers, laptops, chromebooks, ipads, and tablets.
ALIGNS TO NGSS
K-2-ETS1-2 Engineering Design
Develop a simple sketch, drawing, or physical model to illustrate how
the shape of an object helps it function as needed to solve a given
K-2-ETS1-3 Engineering Design
Analyze data from tests of two objects designed to solve the same problem to compare the strengths and weaknesses of how each performs.
3-5-ETS1-2 Engineering Design
Generate and compare multiple solutions to a problem based on
how well each is likely to meet the criteria and constraints of the
3-5-ETS1-3 Engineering Design
Plan and carry out fair tests in which variables are controlled and failure points are considered to identify aspects of a model or prototype that can be improved.