April Passages for Fluency and Intervention
Major themes in this package are Earth Day, The Environment, Pollution, Health, and Nature. You will find several passages about these themes as well as other interesting topics related to April and spring.
Help your students become more effective learners by listening!
Listen and Read-A truly unique reading program with the added benefits of audio!
20 plus Passages 20 MP3 Files in total. Perfect for daily practice or homework!
1. You’re Not Alone (All About Germs)
2. Vitamin C
4. Do Rabbits Really Like Carrots?
5. Jelly Bean Day
6. How to Reduce Pollution
7. Marine Mammals Rescue Day
8. Worm Poop, A Garden’s Best Friend
9. Community Gardens
10. Garbage Island (The Great Pacific Garbage Patch)
11. Space Junk (Trash and Objects in Space)
12. The Flower Shop of the World (Flowers in The Netherlands)
13. Let’s Get Cheesy! (All About Cheese)
14. The Biggest Water Fight in the World (Songkran Festival in Thailand)
15. Is Iceland Really Icy?
16. Are Cow Farts Causing Global Warming? (Methane Gas)
17. The Chinese Language
18. A Dog Says Meong Meong? (Animal Sounds Around the World)
19. Let’s Jazz it Up (Jazz Music)
20. A Portable Treat (All About Cupcakes)
Why include listening files?
-Extra support for struggling readers
-Build fluency and boost confidence
-Promote independence (use in centers or as homework)
-Great way to practice new or hard to pronounce words
There are so many ways to utilize these passages and tailor them to meet your own classroom’s needs.
I created this resource as a way to help my struggling students gain confidence and fluency in reading. After reading several studies about the benefits of audiobooks (and not being able to find a program that was affordable and easy to implement), I decided to create this program. I genuinely hope that your students gain confidence in reading with this program. Your feedback and comments are welcome and highly appreciated!
Please feel free to contact me at email@example.com