This 100+ page collection of Math and ELA Centers, Games, and Fun is designed to be used in a 2nd grade classroom. The activities will serve as independent practice of 2nd grade Common Core Standards. The 12 specific activities and standards covered are noted below:
- Odd and Even Sort (2.OA.C.3)
- Rainy Day BUMP Game (2.NBT.B.5)
- Math Fact Fill the Board Game (2.NBT.B.5)
- Rainbows and Sunshine Numbers Different Ways (2.NBT.A.3)
- Order the Rain Boots (2.NBT.A.4)
- Whole Group Card Game (2.NBT.A.2)
- Noun and Verb Sort (L.2.1)
- Vowel Sound Sort - short i and long i (RF.2.3b)
- Rainbows and Sunshine Compound Words (L.2.4d)
- Synonym Board Game (L.2.5b)
- Sight Word Board Games (RF.2.3f)
- Umbrella and Thunderstorm Make Words Game (RF.2.3)
PLEASE NOTE: I have included both full-color and printer-friendly versions (black/white backgrounds) of the task pages. The full-color versions are in the document as is, while the printer-friendly versions are all located in the back of the file for your printing convenience. Simply click File, Print, then select the pages you wish to print (either the full-color pages or printer-friendly pages). I hope you enjoy the extra option of printer-friendly pages!
I hope you find these activities to be a great way to create hands-on learning in your classroom! Don't forget to download the Preview File to see all that is included. Thanks for stopping by!
Interested in a COMPLETE SYSTEM for assessing students in reading using ANY text?
- Common Core Reading Graphic Organizers - 2nd Grade
- Common Core Reading Interactive Notebook - 2nd Grade
- Common Core Digital Graphic Organizers - 2nd Grade
Other best-sellers you might be interested in:
- 1st Grade Common Core Graphic Organizers
- 2nd Grade Common Core Graphic Organizers
- 3rd Grade Common Core Graphic Organizers
- 4th Grade Common Core Graphic Organizers
- 1st Grade Common Core Math Quick Assessments
- 2nd Grade Common Core Math Quick Assessments
- 3rd Grade Common Core Math Quick Assessments
Jamie Rector from 2nd Grade Stuff
The Common Core Standards were developed and written by the NGA.
© Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.