Jargon Journal is a weekly vocabulary program tied to picture books. Students practice 4 vocabulary words each week and record their thinking in an interactive journal. These units compliment the mentioned picture books but do not provide the text.
Each unit includes:
• Vocabulary Words (for posting on the board during discussions)
• Word Cards that coordinate with the picture book
• Review activity that incorporates a lot of active participation
• Poster for displaying the words year round
• Foldable Vocabulary Flaps (master)
• Now includes a teacher guide for using the Jargon Journal program!