April Vocabulary Bundle - Spring Read Aloud Lessons & Activities
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (4)
Also included in
- Unlock the power of vocabulary with this year-long bundle of weekly vocabulary activities, lessons, and graphic organizers! Engaging and easy-to-use, this vocabulary curriculum uses popular picture books and meaningful vocabulary activities to teach four new tier 2 academic vocabulary words each weePrice $49.95Original Price $99.55Save $49.60
Snag 4 weeks of meaningful vocabulary activities for April for your 1st-3rd grade classroom! These vocabulary activities use seasonal picture books to teach tier 2 vocabulary words in an engaging way! This impactful routine will help your students master new vocabulary words each week while enjoying seasonal read-aloud books.
This April Vocabulary Activities Bundle includes these 4 weekly vocabulary units:
- April Foolishness by Teresa Bateman
- Fletcher and the Springtime Blossoms by Julia Rawlinson (This has also been published as Fox and the Springtime Blossoms)
- Tops and Bottoms by Janet Stevens
- Cloudette by Tom Lichtenheld
Throughout the week students practice the 4 weekly vocabulary words in a variety of ways and record their thinking in an interactive journal. A brief assessment can be done at the end of the week to see how well students have retained the new vocabulary words.
Note: While these units complement the mentioned picture books, they do not provide the text and the books are not required for utilizing the materials.
You’ll love how easy it is to implement this easy routine for meaningful seasonal learning and your students will love using the new vocabulary they learn!
Each unit includes:
- Vocabulary Words (for posting on the board during discussions)
- Word Cards that coordinate with the picture book
- Review activity that incorporates a lot of active participation
- Poster for displaying the words throughout the year
- Foldable Vocabulary Flaps (master)
- Vocabulary cards with photo support
- Interactive review PowerPoint
➜ Download the preview to see more of what’s included with each book unit!
Supports Common Core Standards (CCSS):
L.1.4, L.1.5, L.1.6
L.2.4, L.2.5, L.2.6
L.3.4, L.3.5, L.3.6
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “I own several Jargon Journal Bundles. My RtI students LOVE these activities! The stories are engaging, and really help them see/hear the words in an authentic setting. I've made it a part of our routine, and they cannot wait to get started!
They have even recognized some of our Jargon Journal words in other texts! As a teacher, I really appreciate the step-by-step instructions.” - Lynn M.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “Love, love, love jargon journals! Students are still saying ding to words the next school year! I highly recommend this program!!!” - Heather P.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “I can't say enough good things about the Jargon Journals. My students love them and so does their teacher! Thank you for such an excellent resource!” - Crystal S.
Bundle & Save!
Purchase the to get this resource as part of our year-long vocabulary bundle.
You may also like…
Copyright © Second Story Window
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.