Also included in
- Back to School Writing Journal Prompts BUNDLEThis bundles includes the monthly writing packets available in my store.*** Canadian and American spelling included ***Contents:JANUARY Writing Journal PromptsFEBRUARY Writing Journal PromptsMARCH Writing Journal PromptsAPRIL Writing Journal PromptsMAY Wr$24.00$48.00Save $24.00
*** Canadian and American spelling included ***
Please note: This writing packet is included in my Writing Journal Prompts BUNDLE. Do not purchase this resource if you already own the bundle!
About this book:
This book contains a collection of journal prompts for the month of April. The simple prompts are ideal for beginning and struggling writers in Kindergarten, Grade 1 and Grade 2.
Cover page (page 5)
Draw and label (pages 6-8)
- Girl looking up at a birdhouse
- Girl painting an Easter egg
- Recycling bin
List writing (pages 9-11)
- Things you can do on a rainy day
- My favorite baby animals
- Ways I can help take care of the Earth
How to / procedural writing (pages 12-17)
- How To Plant a Seed (with and without pictures)
- Life Cycle of a Butterfly (without pictures)
- How To Dye an Easter Egg (with and without pictures)
Writing prompts with pictures (pages 18-27)
- Some baby animals I see in the spring
- An insect has
- A plant needs
- My favorite Easter treat
- We will hide Easter eggs behind
- You can decorate Easter eggs with
- I can help take care of our Earth by
- You can recycle
- Some things you can put in the compost bin
Opinion writing with pictured choices (pages 28-30)
- Playing tricks on April Fool’s Day is (fun or unkind) because...
- I like (chicks or bunnies) best because...
- I would rather plant a (tree or flower) because...
Opinion writing II (pages 30-33)
- My favorite insect is... because
- The best place to have an Easter egg hunt is... because
- The best thing about Earth Day is... because
Narrative writing (pages 32-37)
- Describing flowers (sentence writing)
- Write a sentence to match the picture (children holding recycling bins)
- Write a story to match the picture (children gardening)
- Write a story to match the picture (Easter egg hunt)
Narrative writing II (pages 38-42)
- If I were a butterfly just out of the chrysalis,
- If it rained jellybeans
- If I saw the Easter Bunny run by,
- If I were a bunny
- If I were a superhero helping to save the earth (boy and girl options)
Acrostic poem (page 44)
Letter writing to the Lorax (page 45)
Additional page with handwriting lines (page 46)
Happy Teaching :)
Please click here to view all my Writing Journal Prompts.
Follow me on Facebook for exclusive freebies and giveaways!
Follow me on Pinterest
Visit my blog