Do you need writing ideas for April? This product contains 50 ideas. Cut them out and put them in a box or punch a hole in each card and put on a ring!
Each question contains exam phrases (describe; compare/contrast; list; explain; etc.) and/or the '5 W's and how'. This aligns with the common core as well as ELA test prep!
Here are the 50 ideas:
1. Explain the Easter Bunny's job.
2. Why does a bunny represent Easter?
3. What does the Easter Bunny bring you?
4. Describe the best April Fool's Day joke.
5. What April Fool's Day joke would you play on someone?
6. Why is April Fool's Day celebrated?
7. Why does April showers bring May flowers?
8. Would you rather have April showers or May flowers? Explain.
9. Describe the best Easter you've ever had.
10. What would you like in your Easter basket?
11. Would you make a good Easter Bunny? Why or why not?
12. How do you celebrate Easter?
13. List the foods you eat on Easter.
14. Describe your favorite outdoor activity.
15. What activities do you do outside?
16. List reasons why Spring is a great season.
17. List reasons why Summer is a great season.
18. Describe the best vacation you've ever taken.
19. List some things you'll do over the summer.
20. Write about some things you are learning right now.
21. What is your favorite sport to play? Why?
22. List the sports you can only play outside.
23. Describe the best Spring Break you've ever had.
24. Explain what you like to do on Spring Break.
25. How would you feel if you were never given a break?
26. Write about what you like to do on the weekend.
27. Write about your family.
28. What is your favorite pet? Why?
29. What are the best cook-out foods?
30. Describe the best picnic.
31. Explain what you would do if you were caught in a rain storm without an umbrella.
32. Write a SPRING acrostic poem.
33. Make a list of what you would do on a rainy day.
34. What will you do to help others this spring?
35. Write a story about spring.
36. Write a story about an April Fool's Day prank.
37. Write a story about Easter.
38. How will you help the Earth on Earth Day?
39. Write an Earth acrostic poem
40. Make a list of how the school can help on Earth Day.
41. Write a letter to the Easter Bunny.
42. Explain why rain is important for the Earth.
43. Describe the life cycle of your favorite animal.
44. Describe the colors of spring.
45. Describe the smells of spring.
46. Explain how rainbows are made.
47. Write a story from the view point of an animal coming out of hibernation for the spring.
48. Compare and contrast spring and fall.
49. Compare and contrast spring and summer.
50. Describe 5 ways you can help the Earth every day.
Check out my others:
50 September Writing Ideas
50 November Writing Ideas
50 January Writing Ideas
50 February Writing Ideas
50 March Writing Ideas