Use this web quest activity to introduce archetypes to your students in a creative, fun, and engaging way. After completing this online activity, students will be able to:
- define "archetype"
- explain who created the term and why
- effectively communicate how archetypes are different than stereotypes
- outline 4 major archetypal categories.
- interact with several specific archetypes on a personal level by researching and finding examples for ones that interest them.
This activity not only teaches students how to understand and analyze archetypes, but it is an excellent way to have them practice certain technological skills as well:
- They can practice source validity when finding their own websites to use for their research.
- They can become familiar with how to add a text box to a PDF document to type straight into the charts.
When students finish the web quest, place them in small groups and have them share their examples with each other. The conversations are quite interesting and students seem to love sharing about their favorite movies and books.
You Might Also Like:
Over 70 Literary Archetypes: Definitions and Examples Included!
Analyzing Literature Through Music: A Fahrenheit 451 Novel Study
Characterization in Fahrenheit 451
Analyzing Denotation and Connotation in Fahrenheit 451
Fahrenheit 451 Allusions Bundle: PPT, Activities, and Quiz Included
Keywords: archetype, archetypes, literary archetypes, web quest, close reading, symbolism, literary analysis, archetypal analysis, archetypal criticism