This project is great for introduction to architectural drafting.
1. The first floor is a two car garage with a work bench, storage
room, mechanical room and half bathroom.
2. The second floor is a one bedroom, one bathroom apartment
with an open floor plan for the kitchen, dining and living areas.
3. An enclosed staircase connects the two levels. The two floor
plans have details, fixtures and dimensions.
4. Included is a furniture plan for the apartment on the second
floor and a color rendering of the floor plan with the furniture.
5. There are also color renderings of the front elevation and
alternate front elevation.
6. Most drawings include basic written directions. At the end of
the project we have added more extensive written directions
and step-by-step illustrations for the two floor plans and the
7. Elevations for the front, right side, left side and rear views of
the structure with dimensions are included.
8. There is also a complete set of alternate elevations with a
different type of siding and the drawings are a little less
9. In total there are 14 individual drawings for this project and
a direction page on drawing elevations. Each drawing is to
scale and has a borderline and title block. There are two sets
of drawings; one set has a ¼” background grid and one set
does not. The color renderings do not have a grid background.
All drawings are to a scale of ¼”= 1’-0” and fit on standard 8½ x 11 inch paper. Provided is a download of a borderline and title block file with and without the ¼” grid. Lager drafting paper
or plotter paper can be used to fit more drawings on each sheet of drafting or plotter paper.
1. These plans are for educational purposes only. They are not to be used as a plan for actual construction.
2. Due to the transference from CAD to PDF the scale may vary slightly.