CAD and Traditional Drafting
Architectural Drafting Symbols and Line Types
Drawn to Scale: ¼”=1’-0” on ¼” grid paper
This packet is ideal for a beginning drafting student. The drawings can be used as a drafting activity. Students can draw and identify the symbols and line types. The finished drawings can be used as a reference for future drafting and design projects.
Another use for this packet would be to give drafting students a copy of the symbols and line type drawings. They can use these drawings as a reference and keep them in a notebook.
Included with this Packet:
1. Intro to Drafting: A description of drafting as a subject, as a career and the many practical applications.
2. Alphabet of Lines: A visual and written descriptions of the types of lines used in drafting. Lineweights are also included for CAD and traditional drafting.
3. Architectural Symbols: wall, door and window symbols
4. Architectural Symbols Continued: skylights, materials and more.
5. Fixture Symbols: sinks, vanities, appliances, countertops etc.
6. Furniture Symbols: living room, kitchen, dining areas, bedrooms.
7. Mechanical Symbols: Electrical, HVAC (heating, ventilating, air conditioning) and Plumbing Symbols.
Keywords: architectural symbols, mechanical, furniture, fixtures, Drafting, Linetype, Lineweight, floor plan, electrical