Students calculate the measures of angles or arcs formed by secants- tangents intersecting on the circle in this matching card activity. One half of the 18 pairs of matching cards has a diagram of the circle/ tangent-secant angle or arc and the other half has the measures of those angles. Students work individually, in pairs or small groups to match the cards. Also included are 12 additional cards that do NOT match to be used as a challenge for students that typically finish early and need a little more rigor.
This may be used in a variety of ways. Use as a simple matching activity to reinforce the concepts, use as a warm up, exit card, team competition or as a game of concentration.
• Arc Length Matching Card Set
• Arc Length Domino Set
• Arc Length in Circles Sequence Activity
• Arc Measures in Circles Bingo
• Arc Measures Boom Cards--Digital Task Cards
• Arcs and Angles Formed by Secant-Tangents Matching Card Set
• Tangent Arcs--Find Measure by Solving for X Matching Card Set
• Tangent Angles: Find Measure by Solving for X Matching Card Set
• Tangents to a Circle Angle Measures Sequence Activity