This packet contains five different literacy center activities to accompany your Arctic Animals Unit of Study. I use these activities as part of our Literacy Station time. Children can work with a good bit of independence on these so that I can work with small groups or individual students on specific reading and writing strategies they need to review.
Each center is aligned with Common Core ELA standards.
The activities include:
1. Syllable Sort - Students will sort picture cards based on how many syllables they hear. Higher students may match the words to the pictures. There are two levels of response pages so you can differentiate instruction.
2. ABC Order - Students will put pictures/words in ABC order. There is a response sheet for this activity.
3. Mixed-Up Word Wall Words - Students will unscramble high-frequency words and write the correct response or build the word with letter tiles. There is a word bank to help students. The list is based on Fry's first 25 words. I also included blank pages for two-letter, three-letter, and four-letter words so you can write in your own sight words.
4. Vowel sort - Students will match picture cards to the vowel sound they hear. There are long and short vowel sounds included for all five vowels.
5. Rhyming Match-Up - Students will match rhyming pictures and words. There is a response page included where students will show what matches they made. This activity could also be used to play Memory.
I hope you'll enjoy them! Please let me know if you have any questions :)