This packet contains the following activities:
1) Pocket Chart Cards: Pocket chart cards can be used for whole-group sorting, activity-center sorting, and on a word wall. Print, cut, and laminate all cards.
2) Memory Game: Pocket chart cards can also be used for memory games where children work in small groups to remember the location of cards that were placed face down on the playing surface. When a child matches two cards, she can keep them. The child with the most cards at the end of the game is the winner.
3) Sorting Mat and Recording Sheet (Arctic and Non-Arctic Animals): These are designed to be used in a small group activity center. After the students have sorted the cards they can record their answers.
4) Roll and Cover Arctic Animals: These are designed to be used as math center activities.
5) Shadow Matching Cards: Shadow matching cards are designed to be used along with the pocket chart cards. Students will match the arctic animal shadows to the corresponding pocket chart cards. This provides excellent visual discrimination practice.
6) Read the Room - Fact Match: Place the fact match cards around the room. The children “read the room” matching the correct arctic animals to the numbered cards. Remind the children that the correct animal name must be written in the recording sheet square that corresponds with the number on each card. This activity can also be set up as a literacy center. (Answer key included).
7) Arctic Animal Information Cards (18 animal cards included): These cards can be read by the teacher in a whole group setting, can be used for student research, or can be used in a literacy center as reading and fluency practice.
8) Arctic Animal Fact Sheet: This fact sheet activity is designed for students to complete on an individual basis. The summary of facts along with the art work, creates a great bulletin board display.
9) Arctic Animal A, B, C Order: Page one of the A,B,C order work can successfully be completed using only the first letter of each word. Page two requires that students alphabetize using the second letter on some of the words.
10) Brace Maps: Brace maps can be used as a whole group activity or as individual seat work. Students are to write information they know about each animal. This can include descriptive and factual information.
11) Bonus Coloring Page