Polar / Arctic Life: Arctic Life preschool homeschool thematic unit. This week is full of arctic animals, polar-themed math and language activities, an arctic-themed craft, activities and more! This is week 19 of our 30 week age four curriculum. We continue working through our word families, practicing our numeration and start beginning addition through our math sequence this year and adding more pages to our social studies and science journal!
We provide both color and b/w versions of our arctic life activities.
This is week 18 of 30 weekly units in our age 4 preschool curriculum program. Check out the complete year here!
129 pages (204 pages including our exclusive circle time, songs and classroom decor BONUSES). Highly engaging, super fun and very organized program to delight both teacher and student alike and lead to a successful week studying arctic life!
*Looking for a whole year's curriculum with twelve countries, nine earth environments and nine community centers? Check out the 30-week bundle here! *
Covers all academic areas in a three school time blocks per day and three days/week routine that easily stretches to five days depending on the amount of material you cover each day:
* Weekly Lesson plan
* Wake Up! Warm Up! Daily quick drills on alphabet, focusing on ending sound S and UG and UN word families
* Letter Domino Game
* "Legend of the Lost Words" story & Word Family Reunion Treasure Map
* _UG and _UN Word Cards, Word Building Activities
* Arctic Animal Match (Beginning Sounds Practice)
* 17 Farm Themed Vocabulary Cards
* Polar Life Bingo Game
* Get Me to the Glacier (Upper/Lowercase Match)
* Arctic-themed book list
* Wake Up! Warm Up! Daily quick drills on counting 1-70, numeration and beginning addition
* Math Counting Visual Aid
* 0-10 Number Touch Point Cards (Large and Small options)
* Arctic Animal Addition Activity
* Encouragement Elves Social & Emotional Learning Cumulative Tallying Activity (builds on previous units in our program)
SOCIAL STUDIES / ART / SCIENCE
* My First Travel Notebook "Exploring Our Earth" page inserts
* Where in the World is Arctic Life Map
* Build an Arctic Scene
* Emperor Penguin Life Cycle & with Teaching Script
* Narwhal Craft
* Ice Block Navigation Game
* Snowflake Balance Game
* Arctic-themed Action Cards
CIRCLE TIME BOARD PIECES
* How's the Weather
* Days of the Week
* 11 Song and Rhyme Posters
BONUS CLASSROOM DECOR
* Arctic-themed Bulletin Board Header and matching vocab picture cards
* Exploring Our Earth Decorative Elements
* Weekly Center Bin Labels
* Storage Bin Labels
Instructions, overviews and more.
This unit is part of a 30 weeks of units in the Home CEO Age 4 Preschool Homeschool Curriculum. Click here to buy the bundle and save!
Made with love by Home CEOs Maraya & Ashley, Chief Education Officers of the Pearson & Smotherman Families.
ALL PROFITS TO CHARITY
100% of profits from our TPT store are distributed monthly to over 30 outstanding nonprofit humanitarian organizations, so thank you for your purchase! Learn more here.
We use art primarily by Whimsy Clips by Laura Strickland with secondary sources credited within each document. We also use digital paper from PrettyGraffic and Erin Bradley Designs for my title pages. I use fonts by KG Fonts and Pablo Impallari. (All links included within the document).
Copyright 2016 Home CEO Inc.