Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
2.39 MB | 17 pages
Arctopia: Path to Monopoly is a mobile educational game by ArcLab, which teachers can use in class to allow students to play the role of a firm seeking to become a monopoly.
Arctopia: Path to Monopoly is iTunes-featured and part of the International Mobile Gaming Awards: http://sea.imgawards.com/games/arctopia-path-to-monopoly/
Through experiencing the running of a cafe business in the learning game, students will be able to more fully understand
1. the basic costs, revenue and profit of a firm,
2. the existence and creation of barriers to entry that firms can engage in,
3. and how the existence of high barriers to entry contribute towards determining a monopolist’s pricing and profit levels.
Game synopsis: https://youtu.be/Pt8w7KqTJwY
"In the small town of Arctopia, you have just been appointed as the Branch Manager of a famous coffee franchise to establish the brand in the town with the goal of monopolising the coffee market in Arctopia.
You have three other competitors in this space and you start off by pricing competitively so that you are on par to compete with your competitors.
You are in charge of making key decisions and actions to help your business grow and fulfil your objective of becoming the Coffee Monopoly in Arctopia!"
The game itself is free-to-play and available at these download links:
What you get from this this Teachers Pay Teachers package is a comprehensive lesson plan that shows you how the game can be used in your classroom.
Our ArcLab Lesson Plan has 3 components:
1. Teacher’s guide for the Learning Game – For teachers to facilitate students learning the topic's specific concepts interactively
2. Quiz Questions – For teachers’ consideration to assign to students to test their understanding on the topic
3. Suggested Reading – Curated weblinks which we’d like to suggest for teachers’ consideration for your students.