Are You Ready to Play Ball?
* This Math activity, using basketballs, footballs, soccer balls and beach balls can be used in multiple ways.
* It could also be of high interest for the boys in your class. (For several years, I have had all boy classes!)
Activities are provided for:
• Language Development:
Cards can be used for receptive and expressive identification of the four different types of balls (basketball, beach ball, football and soccer ball.
• Picture Cards:
Cards can also be used to categorize sports equipment (match balls to associated equipment):
basketball to basketball hoop
football to goal post
soccer ball to trophy
beach ball to bucket and shovel
• Big and Little Sorting Activity
• Small, Medium and Large Ordering by Size
• Directions for creating activity for Circle Time and Math Center
• Directions for creating work samples with rubrics provided
• Activity supports Common Core State Standards for Kindergarten
o CCSS.Math.Content.K.MD.A.1 Describe measurable attributes of objects, such as length or weight. Describe several measurable attributes of a single object.
o CCSS.Math.Content.K.MD.A.2 Directly compare two objects with a measurable attribute in common, to see which object has “more of”/“less of” the attribute, and describe the difference. For example, directly compare the heights of two children and describe one child as taller/shorter.
o CCSS.Math.Content.K.MD.B.3 Classify objects into given categories; count the numbers of objects in each category and sort the categories by count.
Thank you for visiting our store.
If you would like to receive notifications when new products are created and added to the store, please follow us by clicking on the green star in the upper corner of the screen.
Please provide feedback to earn credits for your future purchases.
If you have any questions, complaints or concerns, please use the Q and A function and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Thanks again and thank you for all you do to teach our little ones!
REVISED MARCH 2, 2016