Grade 6 Ontario Math Curriculum
Curriculm Expectations Covered by Product
1. develop the formulas for the area of a parallelogram (i.e., Area of parallelogram =
base x height) and the area of a triangle [i.e., Area of triangle = (base x height) ÷ 2], using the area relationships among rectangles, parallelograms, and triangles
2. solve problems involving the calculation of the areas of triangles and the areas of parallelograms.
The product includes:
1. A Powerpoint Presentation
2. Student Notes Version of Powerpoint
This product is meant to be used as a visual aid when teaching Area. It will help the teacher organize their lesson/unit plans for this math strand and simultaneously help students to follow their teacher’s lessons by providing a visual reference to all the information. The resource will guide your students through the main topics that they need to learn to cover the curriculum expectations. Topics included are:
1. Finding the Area of a Square
2. FInding the Area of a Rectangle
3. Finding the Area of a Parallelogram
4. Finding the Area of a Triangle
5. Finding the Area of Irregular Polygons
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.