This is a 6th grade unit on geometry measurements, which included circumference and area of circles, area and perimeter of triangles and rectangles, and surface area and volume of rectangular prisms. Everything is based on Virginia SOLs (similar to common core) and please note that on each homework I include "review" at the bottom as a little refresher of what we've done earlier in the year. This eliminates having to spend too much time on reviewing before the state testing! Please view the preview before purchasing!
- a "discovering pi" activity where students have to measure circumference and diameter of 5 circles and use them to calculate the ratio
- notes and homework for circles
- notes and homework for circles word problems
- notes and homework for area and perimeter of triangles and rectangles
- notes and homework for surface area and volume of rectangular prisms
- two warm-ups for area, perimeter, surface area and volume
- two circles summative assessments (one is a retest for the students who failed)
- an area, perimeter, surface area and volume summative assessment with a study guide
Answer keys are included.