Students will use area, perimeter and Pythagorean Theorem to find missing sides of rectangles, squares and right triangles. Real world situations are included :)
Directions: (these are included)
1. Before classes begin, put up the numerical cards (you will need to cut sheets in half). These are pages 4-9 in the document. If you want students to get up and move, scatter these around the room. If you would like minimal movement, put them on the same spot. If you would like no movement, print a copy for each group (put four on one page for minimal paper use)
2. Hand each group a Classroom Feud question card.
3. Explain to students they will work together on the assignment to find the correct numerical answers to the word problems. If needed, write the formula for area, perimeter and Pythagorean Theorem on the board or put it somewhere visible for students to see.
4. Hand out the assignment (pg. 2-3) and allow students to work on the assignment. After they find an answer, they will find the number that matches and the word that goes with their group number (1 goes with team 1, 2 goes with team 2, etc.)
5. After students have found all answers and words, they must work together as a team to find what order the words go in. The first team to put the words in order wins.