This classwork set comes with 5 worksheets. Each sheet has 8 problems- including 4 example or guided practice questions and 4 graded questions. This set reviews Area, Perimeter, and Volume. Students will calculate Perimeter of rectangles and squares. It also includes problems where students will calculate area of squares, rectangles, and triangles. Students will be able to calculate volume of cubes and rectangular prisms . Sometimes students will be given a picture and sometimes students will have to just use a shape’s dimensions. Students will also be given situations and they will have to decide if that situation represents area, perimeter, or volume. It is an EXCELLENT way for students to review and an AWESOME way for teachers focus on what students need help with before a big test or quiz.
This classwork could be used several ways. Here are a few suggestions.
1. The teacher could complete the example side using the overhead or document camera and then the students could complete the other side for a grade.
2. The students could complete the example side independently and the teacher could check those problems. Then students could complete the other side for a grade.
3. Teachers could have students pick 4 problems for a grade. However, they
must pick one of each kind for a grade. They can’t do two area and two perimeter problems!
4. Teachers could have students complete all 8 problems for a grade.
5. This classwork could be used as notes, a study guide, small group work, or whole group work.
6. This classwork could also be also be done in partners or independently.
The possibilities are endless. Be creative and have fun!
This classwork set comes with an answer key and aligns with Virginia SOLs- 5.8 A and B