Area, Perimeter, and Volume Design a City Challenge
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This bundle includes 3 differentiated project based learning projects: Level 1: Design a Farm Challenge - students design a farm with vegetable gardens and animal enclosures using a minimum required area and perimeter. This resource uses smaller numbers and a larger grid. It's perfect for 3rd grade.Price $8.05Original Price $11.50Save $3.45
In this math project based learning activity, students use area, perimeter, and volume to design their own city. They must adhere to the minimum size requirements for roads and green space and other project guidelines as they construct their city. After constructing their city, students must:
- find the perimeter of the green space
- find the total surface area of roads
- find the volume of each 3D rectangular prism building
This download includes:
- teacher directions
- student directions and project guidelines
- all printable materials needed
- a scoring rubric
- a finished example
This project is ideal for 5th grade and above. For an easier version of this project, check out my Area and Perimeter Design a Zoo Challenge or, even easier, Area and Perimeter Design a Farm Challenge. Or buy the bundle of all 3 to save 30%! Great for differentiation!
Please follow my store here for more great resources!
You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram, and lafountaineofknowledge.com where you'll discover ideas, inspiration, and plenty of freebies! Or join my email list to get my monthly newsletter with exclusive FREE resources you can't get anywhere else!
Want free money to spend on Teachers Pay Teachers? Rate this product to earn some TpT credit! Leaving feedback helps us both out and takes less than a minute! Your support makes it possible for me to continue making and sharing great resources! Thank you!
A special thank you to for the border and Designs and for the clip art.
Click for more math crafts and project based learning activities!