Area Task Cards: Third Grade Common Core Standards Covered
28 Task Cards in Full Color
28 Task Cards in Black & White
3 Answer Documents
Also includes standards 3.MD.7c, 3.MD.7d
Area Task Cards:
Students must solve:
1. Area on a grid with no labels
2. Area of a rectangle on a grid with sides labeled
3. Area of a given shape in a word problem
4. Area of a shape on a grid using the Distributive Property
5. Area of a rectangle with given length and width (using multiplication or tiling on the answer document
Perfect for Individual Practice, Small Group Work, Whole Group Practice
Great review or pre-assessment for 4th grade.
3- Answer sheets provided.
• One-sided answer document
• Two-sided answer document
• Two-sided answer document with shapes prepared to “tile” for cards 3, 7, 11, 15, 19, 23, and 27
Could be combined with Perimeter Pirates for mixed practice. You can find this set here:
Hope your kids enjoy!