Area and Circumference of a Circle Grudgeball Game/Powerpoint
(I can also send this to you in microsoft powerpoint form if needed once purchased. Just send me an email.)
This is a fun and competitive way for students to practice finding area, circumference, radius, and diamater including practice through word problems. 12 slides ask to find the circumference given radius or diameter. 12 slides ask to find area given radius or diameter. 6 slides are word problems that the students have to identify area or circumference and solve. 6 slides are word problems where circumference is given and they have to work to find diameter or radius.
We play grudgeball, however this can be used for any other competition game, review game, or class work.
Grudgball Rules are Included:
1. Each team starts with 10 X’s on the board.
2. If your team gets the answer right, you can erase 1 X’s from the board. (you can’t erase your own X’s)
3. Your team may then shoot one basket (we use a tennis ball and milk crate) for the chance to erase an extra X or add one to your score.
4. The goal is to knock out the other teams.
5. If your team is knocked out, you can earn back 1 X’s by getting the question right and making the basket.