Engage students with this set of 5 activities that explore the area and circumference of circles
through the art of Kandinsky. Skip the worksheets and jump into this mini-project.
These activities can be used as a whole class or set up as sequential projects in a math center. Excellent for differentiation as students can work at many levels. Your gifted students will love the challenges as well as writing their own.
Use independently or SAVE as part of one of the math bundles:
- 5th/6th Grade Math Project Bundle: 5 projects, common core aligned projects to practice area, ratio, circles, and more.
- Ultimate Math Art Bundle: Tessellations, Fibonacci, Linear Equations and more
This detailed guide includes:
- Complete teacher’s guide for 5 45-60 minute lessons
- 17 pages of ready-to-use Student Handouts
- A complete list of materials
- A presentation on the work of Wassily Kandinsky and accompanying informational text
Skills Developed in this lesson:
-Students will describe relationships of inscribed circles.
- Students will know the formulas for area and circumference of a circle and use them to solve problems. (CCSS.MATH, 7.G.B.4.)
- Students will solve mathematical problems involving area of 2-dimensional objects composed of quadrilaterals and triangles.
Middle school geometry resources include:
- Volume and Surface area of Rectangular and Triangular Prisms math Detective Activity
-Finding Pi Inquiry Activity with circles
- Find the area of composite figures and polygons paper chain activity
- Volume and Surface Area of Cylinders and Cones Quest Activity
- Design a Medieval Village Integrated Geometry Project
- Find the Area: Rectangles Practice and Review (6.G.A.1.)
- Find the Area: Right Triangles Practice and Review (6.G.A.1.)
- Find the Volume: Cubes and Rectangular Prisms Practice and Review (6.G.A.2.)
- Find the Volume: Triangular Prisms (6.G.A.4.)
- Find the area between two rectangles
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Math Mondays (all about teaching math).
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.