Introduce, Challenge, and Review with this Area and Perimeter Bundle!
(Interactive Notebook PowerPoint + Fill-in-the-Blanks Sheet, Challenge Activity with multi-step problems and higher order thinking questions, and Real World Application Activity)
Buy more and save!
4 products with 50+ pages of material!
PRODUCT #1: Perimeter Notes for Interactive Notebook (PowerPoint & Fill-in-the-Blanks Sheet)
- Keep students engaged in your introduction lesson to perimeter with this PowerPoint slideshow and fill-in-the-blanks note sheet. It is easy for students to follow along because the fill-ins are highlighted in the presentation. Also, there are transitions that will catch students attention.
PRODUCT #2: Area Notes for Interactive Notebook (PowerPoint & Fill-in-the-Blanks Sheet)
- Keep students engaged in your introduction lesson to area with this PowerPoint slideshow and fill-in-the-blanks note sheet. It is easy for students to follow along because the fill-ins are highlighted in the presentation. Also, there are transitions that will catch students attention. At the end of the presentation, there are slides that have students distinguish between area and perimeter scenarios.
These are great for interactive notebooks as the sheets can be glued into their journals.
PRODUCT #3: Area & Perimeter Challenge Activity
- Problem Solving with Area and Perimeter
Higher Order Thinking Questions
In this challenge activity, students are given 12 open ended measurement problems where they must solve for area, perimeter, length, or width. All 12 problems have multiple steps. Some problems explicitly ask for area, perimeter, length, or width, but others ask for “how much trim is needed to go around” or “how many square units of grass will be needed to cover.” At the end, students are asked to write their own question when given a rectangle with one side measurement. Then the reflect on how formulas helped them solve problems with area and perimeter.
This product is will truly challenge your students as it requires them to really understand area and perimeter formulas. For example, in one problem students are given the length of one side and perimeter and then asked to find area. For assistance, students are given an Answer Bank as well as formulas for area and perimeter. Each problem has a picture, and students are encouraged the label the measurements on each rectangle.
- 4 pages of questions
- 12 multi-step questions, plus students will write their own question
- Answer Bank and Formulas for students
- Answer Key for teachers
PRODUCT #4: Area and Perimeter Review with Texas Missions Activity
- This set of review questions are all related to Texas Missions that are part of the 4th grade Social Students TEKS (in Texas). Your students will have a chance to put what they’ve learned regarding area and perimeter to use in these real-world questions. I did make up the numbers, but the missions are real, and I included a QR code to learn more about each mission. My students enjoyed this activity when we did it in class, and it was a great tie in to a field trip that our grade level took, which is what inspired me to create this activity.
In the classroom, I used this activity as a review at the end of the place value chapter, but I can also see using it as a test prep review of place value closer to the STAAR testing. Whenever you use this, your students are sure to have a great time and learn something new!
Area and Perimeter Questions……………. Pages 3 – 6
1. Mission San José y San Miguel de Aguayo
2. Mission San Antonio de Valero (the Alamo)
3. Mission Nuestra Señora del Espíritu Santo de Zúñiga
4. Mission San Francisco de la Espada
5. Mission Nuestra Señora de la Purísima Concepción de Acuña
6. La Misión de Corpus Christi de San Antonio de la Ysleta del Sur
7. Mission San Juan Capistrano
Answer Key ………………………………………... Page 7
Credits ……………………………………………….. Page 8
Other Related Resources:
For more math products, check out my TpT store!
How to get TpT credit to use on future purchases:
- Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you will see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TpT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
- Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to be a follower. Just like that, you will now receive email updates about this store.