What a fun way to explore area and perimeter while teaching 21st century skills. The students are engaged and having fun exploring real world application of math skills while creating their dream home. The H.O.A. (teacher) has the final say as to which homes make it into the elite Area and Perimeter Subdivision!
This product lends itself to a variety of instructional resources. It could be used as an individual lesson to teach area and perimeter as a class or placed in a math center. It's the perfect idea for a math take home project and could be easily used to assess the student's ability to apply mathematical concepts. Lastly, this product could be used as an extension/enrichment piece for early finishers or academically gifted students.
With this product you will receive....
• step by step instructions for students to follow in the form of a checklist
• graph paper for creating the rooms and to demonstrate use of tiling as outlined by common core math standards
• furniture to furnish each room in the home
• a recording sheet for students to draw a model of each room and correctly find the area and perimeter
• a grading rubric to score each project
• certificate of completion for students
• a reflection sheet for students to complete