This set of 27 task cards is designed to meet all your students need. Each task card is one full page and includes three problems at various levels of difficulty.
Level 1 problems ask students to find the area and the perimeter of the shape. The shape is divided into individual square units. Students have the option of counting the square units to help them find the area and perimeter.
Level 2 problems ask students to find the area and perimeter of each shape. Only the length and width of the sides are given. Students are required to use the formula to help them find the area and perimeter.
Level 3 problems do not provide students with a visual. Students are asked to utilize their understanding of area and perimeter to solve a multi-step problem.
This product also includes the answer key for each level as well as a student recording sheet.
Use this one set of task card to differentiate your students independent practice.
Here are ideas on how to use the task cards.
1. Get to know the difference between the three levels and assign your students a level to complete accordingly.
2. Challenge your students to complete all three levels.
3. Throw the task cards in a center for spiral review.
4. Use the task cards as a differentiated scoot game. All students work on the same card, but complete the level that is the best fit for them.
5. Use the task cards to help your whole class progress through your unit on area and perimeter. At the beginning of your unit you can have the whole class complete level 1 problems. Towards the end of your unit you can have your whole class complete level 3 problems.
Elapsed Time Differentiated Task Cards
Multiplication Differentiated Task Cards
Long Division Differentiated Task Cards