I created this project for my 6th graders as a fun way to use the formulas we learned for area and perimeter! My students were obsessed with this project! Many worked on it at home for fun! I hope your students have just as much fun designing their dream home!
There are two options your students can choose from to complete this project:
- One option is to use an online house design program.
- The other option is to draw out their dream house using graph paper.
The students will calculate the area and perimeter of these shapes:
- complex figure
This Packet Includes:
- Instructions and advice for the teacher
- A project outline including a student checklist
- A worksheet with an example for the students to record the calculations of are and perimeter for each of their rooms
As always this project coincides with my Math Expressions Curriculum so it is common core aligned!