★This file contains 11 Scavenger Hunts over Area (and some perimeter) of 2d shapes.★
A scavenger hunt is a more engaging and mobile alternative to just giving the students a worksheet. Each Scavenger Hunt contains between 10 and 14 problems.
Directions and printable student answer sheets are included in each scavenger hunt.
The Scavenger Hunts in this pack are listed below:
1. Area and Perimeter of Squares and Rectangles-Easier Problems
2. Area and Perimeter of Squares and Rectangles- Harder Problems
3.Area of Triangles Scavenger Hunt -Easier Problems
4. Area of Triangles Scavenger Hunt -Harder Problems
5. Area and Circumference of Circles Scavenger Hunt- Easier Problems
6. Area & Circumference of Circles Scavenger Hunt -Harder problems
7. Area of Trapezoidsand Parallelograms Scavenger Hunt
8. Area with word problems and real world application
9. Area of 2D Shapes Review- Easier Problems
10. Area of 2D Shapes Review- Harder Problems
11. Area of Composite Figures
To use the scavenger hunt:
1) The slides are currently in order so that the question on the bottom half of each slide is answered on the top half of the next slide.
2) Print out all the slides and post them up randomly around the room or in the hall.
3) The 1st slide is your key, so don't post that one. :)
4) Students start at any sheet and answer the question at the bottom. Their answer will be the number at the top of a _different_ sheet. That sheet is the next one they will solve. This continues until they are back at where they started.
5) Have students write down what the picture is for each question, as they go, so that they can quickly tell you the order when they're done (or when they think they're lost) so you can check it against your answer key.
Each different scavenger hunt has a different theme ranging from insects to jobs to cars and more.
If you have any questions/comments/compliments then please let me know! I'm currently teaching middle school Algebra so I'm doing this in my free time (what little of it there is, heh). :)